Region : Ross & Cromarty
Location : Dingwall
Details : probably built around 1166, but all that remains of the original structure are the southwest corner and its tower. It was first called Tulloch in 1507 : Four chief families have been especially active in the town of Dingwall and country life. They are the Baynes, (later intermarrying with the Davidson’s), the Dingwalls, the MacKenzies, and the Munros.