Spynie Palace

Region : Elgin
Location : Elgin IV30 5QG
Details : the former palace of the Bishops of Moray, it consists of a massive 15th century tower called Davy’s Tower located at one corner of a large walled courtyard. The palace was probably first built by Bishop Innes. Bishop David Stewart later built the great keep known as Davy’s Tower. The palace was abandoned in 1688 and rapidly fell into disrepair. It is now in the care of Historic Scotland.

Continue reading