Lauriston Castle

Region : Midlothian
Location : 2a Cramond Road South Davidson’s Mains. Edinburgh
Details : Originally a 1590s tower house, the castle was built for Sir Archibald Napier, and extended during 1824-27 the castle was extended and modernised for the then owner, Thomas Allen, In 1902 the castle was purchased by William Robert Reid. In 1926 Reid’s widow, Margaret, in fulfilment of their joint intentions, left the castle in Trust, to the Nation.
Paranormal Phenomena : The sound of slippered feet shuffling round the castle has been heard which belong to an old butler who worked there.