Kilchurn Castle

Region : Argyll
Location :
Details : Built in about 1450 by Sir Colin Campbell, as a five storey tower house with a courtyard and defended by an outer wall. By about 1500 an additional range and a hall had been added to the south side of the castle. Further buildings went up during the 1500s and 1600s. In 1760 the castle was badly damaged by lightning and was completely abandoned.
Continue reading