Blackford Old Parish Church – Ghost Children (Fire)

Blackford Old Parish Church – Blackford, Auchterarder PH4 1PZ

Blackford Old Parish ChurchBlackford Old Parish Church was constructed in 1574, putting that into perspective, this would have been 7 years after the reign of Mary Queen Of Scots, but while she was still imprisoned

The new church at that time provided convenience for the majority of parishioners, and in 1617 an Act of Parliament officially declared the Parish of Strageath as the Parish of Blackford, and the parish church formally moved six miles to the south. The old kirk of Strageath was abandoned.

Continue reading

Airth Castle

Region :Stirlingshire
Location : Kincardine Bridge on A905

Details : The Castle incorporates a 14th century keep which is now known as Wallace’s Tower. In the 15th century the Bruce family created much of the present castle although further extended in the 16th and 19th centuries.
Continue reading