Glamis Castle is situated beside the village of Glamis, in Angus, Scotland. It’s the home of the Earl and Countess of Strathmore and Kinghorne.
The castle has been the home of the Lyon family since the 14th century, though the present building dates largely from the 17th century. Glamis was the childhood home of Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother.
We have now uploaded the RAW audio files from 30th May 2015 in the Billiards Room, at The Pearce Institute in Govan, Glasgow.
Raw files are Non-Analysed files that are uploaded for transparency, in-depth review, and public access by members of the public who took part in the session.
We advise all members of the public who took part in these sessions, to fully listen to the audio and pick out anything of relevance to their own personal circumstances. You can use the contact form to inform us of information you wish to be made public!
There have been many reports of past paranormal activity at The Pearce Institute in Glasgow. The apparition of a ghostly woman has been witnessed walking across the foyer for example. Lights have been reported in and around the location, as well as a tap that switches on by itself. The presence of a man has been reported in the main hall on a number of occasions. On one occasion, the caretaker reported hearing organ music coming from the hall, but the organ was in a decommissioned state and couldn’t be played!
The award-winning Scottish Fisheries Museum is located at the harbour of one of Fife’s most picturesque seaside towns, Anstruther. The museum occupies a warren of buildings that run along the east side of the harbour.
Opened in 1969, it has grown over time into a very large complex, occupying a number of converted buildings set around three sides of a cobbled courtyard. These include two Category ‘A’ listed buildings: the 16th century Abbot’s lodging and an 18th century merchant’s house, both of which have historical associations with the fishing life of the village.
The ancient Restenneth Priory, by Forfar, is believed to have been founded by the king of the Picts around 715AD. The Pictish King was said to have sent for an Abbot to ask for instruction in the Christian faith, and also for builders who could build in the Roman style of stone, which was unheard of in this period.
However, the base of the tower is said to be closer to 11th Century, which would suggest that the ground has always had a spiritual connection, with rebuilding taking place throughout the ages. Either way, this priory is one of the very earliest stone buildings in Scotland.
The Pearce Institute at Govan Cross was designed by Sir Robert Rowand Anderson in the style of a very large 17th century Scottish townhouse. It was commissioned to be built by Lady Dinah Pearce in memory of her husband Sir William Pearce, MP of the Fairfield Shipyard, who died in 1888. Work took place from 1902 and was completed in 1906.
The following video contains audio from the public investigation on the 10th January 2015 at this location.