Region : Fife
Location : Leuchars
Details : Slightly different from the standard L-plan tower house possessing an oval tower on one of the external angles, a stair tower in the re-entrant angle and wall and range form a courtyard with the main block.
Construction of the castle began in 1546 by Sir William Bruce and was completed by his great-grandson in 1617. The castle fell into disrepair and was rescued from ruin in 1891 by Sir Robert Lorimer.
Paranormal Phenomena : Allegedly Haunted by the spirit of a soldier, named Bruce, who is believed to have fought at Flodden ?
Also witnessed has been the apparition of a serving woman.