The award-winning Scottish Fisheries Museum is located at the harbour of one of Fife’s most picturesque seaside towns, Anstruther. The museum occupies a warren of buildings that run along the east side of the harbour.
Opened in 1969, it has grown over time into a very large complex, occupying a number of converted buildings set around three sides of a cobbled courtyard. These include two Category ‘A’ listed buildings: the 16th century Abbot’s lodging and an 18th century merchant’s house, both of which have historical associations with the fishing life of the village.
The abbey was founded in 1217 by Malcolm I, and was first colonised by monks from the Kinloss Abbey. Culross may have been chosen to establish an abbey because this was the birthplace of Saint Mungo. It is evident that the abbey was built over the earlier Pictish church supposedly founded by Saint Serf in the 6th century
Join Mark Turner & Ryan O’Neill – Scottish paranormal researchers & Investigators into the nature of reality – as they probe the mysteries surrounding this historic location.
Dating back as far as 1178 and then reported to have been altered in the 17th Century, this site like many others of significant age and mystery, has its own spooky tale which will be hard to confirm or deny. Welcome to St Bridget’s Kirk, in Fife.
Phantom pirates are a common report from this part of Fife, They have apparently been spotted – and heard – in this particular area. A look at some online history does in fact bring up this probability, in regards to pirates in the area.
Ravenscraig Castle is a ruined castle located in Kirkcaldy, dating from around 1460. The castle is an early example of artillery defence in Scotland. Now managed by Historic Scotland, and protected by Scheduled Ancient Monument this has been recognised as a category A listed building.
The mysterious white lady – an apparition that is said to walk this castle on occasion – has been seen multiple times at the long gone hospital behind this area. During one audio session, a rather rough – and angry – sounding voice was heard telling Ryan O’Neill of Haunted Scotland to leave.
Crail Aerodrome, to the north of the town, started life as a naval air station during The First World War. In the run-up to the Second World War it became HMS Jackdaw.
After the war, the airfield was taken over by the Royal Navy and renamed HMS Bruce.
One Paranormal witness report, from Mr McCowat, a Fife local, describes a visit as a child, where on the way back down from the roof of the main tower, a door slammed shut behind them. It was a calm day and no logical explanation was available for such an action.
Could the servicemen still be active in this location, after death….